Monday, December 21, 2009

Couch Surfing Cherry

 

Despite my nerves and fears of meeting new people I stopped in Las Vegas, NM to couch surf. It was an amazing experience one that I will never forget. I made some new friends and got to experience things that a normal vacationer or passerby would never. The couch surfing host I stayed with was wonderful. When I arrived at Rebecca’s house, my nervousness left and it was like reconnecting with an old friend. We talked and shared our stories for a bit; then she did her thing a while and I got to do mine. Then Rebecca took me to a couple of local bars where we met a couple of her friends. I met Jesse and Ben. We shared stories and talked about a variety of things for hours. They also shared some places that I might be interested in visiting along my travels. In the morning, Rebecca took me to a local coffee shop called the Traveler’s Café and a great little local burrito joint. Had it not been for Rebecca and couch surfing I would have not stopped at any of the local establishments that I was fortunate enough to experience. I found that being open to new experiences and adventures enabled me to meet new people and experience the local things that many miss. I also found that I have a lot to contribute to others as well as others have much to offer me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment