Monday, December 21, 2009

Holy Tamales

 


Staying with my Aunt Melly and Molly has been a great experience. I have thoroughly enjoyed catching up with them and getting no them after many years of being estranged. They have a beautiful home, great food, and seem to be up for adventures too.

For the first time ever, I got to enjoy Thai food at the Orchid Thai restaurant Melly and Molly shared a few of their favorite Thai foods with me. Uuuummmm… it was delicious. Then they took me to the river of lights show at Rio Grande Botanic Garden. It was so neat. I got to ride a mini train from the parking lot to the River of lights. Then, we experienced a fabulous light show of animals and larger than life plants made of lights. The children’s place was very neat. In classic Ryan form, I was acting my age (somewhere around 10) as we weaved through a maze of larger than life creatures and plant life. At the end we went to Snow people’s land. It was a work of art itself. A person could spend hours looking in to the land of glass and fiber optics. Thousands of snow people living their lives behind planes of glass made for happy pointing and conversation. We all had an amazing time.

The next day we cooked tamales and cakes. I learned to make tamales and pound cake. Melly and Molly are really good cooks. I may be spoiled for the rest of my trip. These were the best tamales I have ever had. I am so lucky to have some to take with me on my journey.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment